SKILL & CAPACITY
I have two decades leadership experience. I have lead different type of and movement/campaign, local to national level on social movement, Dalit Rights, media, humanitarian, development, , human rights, democracy, civil society.
I have good knowledge and experience to run organization. I can do Project management, project planning, design/implement, execute, facilitate, idea development, fundraising, strategy planning, team coaching and mobilization, M&E.
Mass Media Mobilization:
I have good capacity to mobilize mass media at local,national and intenational level for raising all kind of Dalit’s and marginalized’s issue.
I have good ability to build the social network with people belonging form different backgrounds, community at national and international as per theme and issue.
I have good understanding on different social and political issues. I can write, speak and demonstrate in any platform or forum.
Self confident and no dependency with others:
I am confident in doing and tend to do all necessary basic things.
Masters of Arts
Polygon College, Purbanchal University
Bachelors in Humanities
Patan Multiple college, Tribhuwan University
Political science, Population and Journalism
Intermediate in Humanities
Patan Multiple college, Tribhuwan University
Political science, Population and
Board, Government of Nepal
LEADERSHIP SKILL & ORGANIZATIONAL EXPEERIENCES
Jagaran Media Center
Federal of Nepalese Journalist (FNJ)
Central committee secretary:
2017 to 2020
2020 to till now
High level Committee for mass media policy under the Ministry of Information and Technology, Government of Nepal,
6 months ( 2016)
Committee for inclusive Mass Media Policy under the Ministry of Information and technology, Government of Nepal
6 months, 2013
Inclusive media alliance
2007 to till now
Nepal Dalit Journalist Association
South Asia Network for Community Media
2013 to till now
International Dalit solidarity Network (IDSN)
2015 to till now
Asia Dalit Rights Forum (ADRF)
2014 to till now
South Asian Dalit Network (SADAN).
2018 to till now
Collective Campaign For Peace(COCAP),
2016 to 2018
Humanitarian Accountability Monitoring Initiative(HAMI Campaign)
2015 to till now
Dalit Civil Society Massive Earthquake Victim Support and Coordination Committee
2015 to till now
Democracy and Election Watch(DEW- Nepal),
2013 to 2014
Federation of Nepalese journalist, Lalitpur
2005 to till now
EU Human Rights defenders group
2013 to till now
DRC follow up committee of the Civil Society, OHCHR,
National Voters Rights Forum, Nepal
2017 to till now
Federation of Nepalese Journalists, Nepal
Central Council Member
Nepal Participatory Action Network (NEPAN)
2003 to 2005
Disaster Preparedness Network- Nepal (DPNet-Nepal)
2015 to till now
Nepal Sustainable Development goals Forum (Nepal SDGs Forum)
2015 to till now
Community Led Reconstruction Program (CLRP), Nepal
Campaign for Human Rights and Social Transformation (CAHURAST) Nepal
Dalit Literature & Cultural Academy, Nepal
Ambedkar Social Foundation
2018 to till now
Dignity Media PVT LTD, Nepal
2018 to till now
National election Observation network, Nepal
Dalit Enterprenurs’ Foundation, Nepal
2019 to till now
Dalit Civil Society National COVID Response Committee, Nepal
2020 to be ..
National Census 2011 Citizen Observation Committee (NCOC 2011), Nepal
Social Protection Civil Society Network, Nepal
2016 to 2018
AREAS OF EXPERTISE & ACHIEVEMENT
- 22 years of working experience in the media and inclusion sector.
- Involved in producing Dalan Tele-serial, an award-winning documentary on casteism.
- Established a media house, Jagaran Media Center, Dignity post, and Jagaran radio station.
- Trained hundreds of journalists from the Dalit community.
- Established Inclusive Media Alliance for the rights of Journalists and participation from marginalized communities.
- Affiliated and working with different national and international media organizations and the government of Nepal.
- Developed an inclusive media policy and mass media policy for the Government of Nepal.
- Actively involved in the pursuit of freedom of expression.
- Organized scores of workshops, seminars, discourse, webinars, debates and conferences at local, national, regional, and international levels.
- Developed media content on human rights, peace, media advocacy and inclusive, election monitoring for radio and media.
- Conducted a number of national and international training on mass communication.
- Involved in developing curriculum development and awareness programs.
- Mobilized Dalit and non-dalit journalist for Dalit and marginalize community rights.
HUMAN RIGHTS & JUSTIC
- 20 year engagement in the sector of human rights.
- Organized and facilitated a number of Human rights ToT for journalists and HR defenders.
- Organized, coordinated and facilitated numbers of workshop, press meets and conference on Dalit human rights at local, national and international level.
- Manual development of Dalit human rights to journalist, HR Defenders and CSOs.
- Policy dialogue and review in terms of Dalit Human Rights.
- Involved in fact finding teams formed to study violation of Dalit human rights.
- Reviewed UPR, national and International Human rights system.
- Closely working with local, national and international government and non government Institutions.
- Annual Dalit human right’s violation monitoring report publication.
- Providing orientation for several journalists and HR defenders about the Dalit’s Human Rights.
PEACE & GOVERNANCE
- Involved in sectors of peace and governance since last 15 years.
- Formulated budget program and policy making with different governmental and non governmental organizations.
- Organized peace and justice campaign in 15 districts during the Maoist Peoples war in Nepal.
- Rehabilitate displaced people.
- Organized workshop and conference on peace and democracy.
- Organized peace campaign during the Maoist people’s war.
- Actively participated 2006’s peoples movement of Nepal
- Attended conference on peace and democracy for capacity development from national and international levels.
- Organized several conferences and workshop with different stakeholders on Peace and Governance.
DISASTER RISK REDUCTION & EARTHQUAKE RESPONSE
- Attended Asia pacific DRR conference in Bangkok, 2014, organize by the UN
- Attended World Disaster Risk Reduction conference (WDRRC), Washington, DC, 2015, organize by world Bank Groups, and declaration preparation committee members.
- Organized press meet and media mobilization on world disaster day, By DPNet Nepal.
- Continued lobby and advocacy on DRR and Inclusion in terms of SDGs, at UN New York and South Asia level through Asian Dalit Rights Forum .
- Formed DRR and Earthquake Response Committee after 2015’s Nepal earthquake and conducted relief and rescue operations.
- Designed Dalit Civil Society Earthquake Response Committee and HAMI campaign.
- Organized several campaigns, research and dialogue on DDR and Earthquake Respose.
GENDER & SOCIAL INCLUSION
- 18 year engagement on GESI
- Organize and facilitate Training to Journalist and social activists
- Organize, coordinate and facilitate a workshop and conference
- Manual development for training to Journalist and Social Activists
- Policy dialogue and review in terms of GESI for government and international organizations.
- Content and issue identification for media production like Radio, TV and newspapers.
ELECTION & DEMOCRACY
- From 2002, I started campaigning, conference and media for Federalism and Constitution Assembly on a nationwide scale with several stakeholders.
- I worked in Election Observation and monitoring from different organizations and gave trainings to election observers and journalists.
- Orientation for Coalition: Introduction to Domestic Election Observation, March 4-5 2013, NDI/USAID Nepal.
- Two days Master Training of Training (MTOT)on Voter Education for Local Level Election 2017, organize by Nepal Voters’ Rights Forum (NVRF) and IFES, 3-4 April, 2017
- I have observed five national and local level election with the collaboration with the National Human Rights Commission, Federation of Nepalese Journalists, National Election Commission and other organizations.
- Voters education and media campaigns for transparent election.
- I organize Ten Election dialogue, collaboration with election commission and Federation of Nepalese journalist.
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS (SDGs)
- Attended many national and regional seminars and trainings on Sustainable Development Goals.
- I attended the first Sustainable Development Goal Summit held in New York. I have actively taken part inside programs relating to Sustainable Development Goals and Inclusion.
- Member of Nepal SDG Forum.
- Attended Asian and South Asian level summits and programs organized by different SDG Forums.
- Expressed opinions and paper presentation as a panelist on Sustainable Development Goals.
- Media mobilization and articles on SDGs.
- Suggesting and giving feedbacks to the Government of Nepal’s SDGs Report and Civil Society’s report.
NATIONAL POPULATION & HOSUSING CENSUS 2011
- Coordinated with different marginalized community like Dalit, Women, Indigenous, LGBTIQ+, differently disabled people, Madhesi and Muslim people.
- Formed National Census 2011 Citizen Observation Committee (NCOC 2011).
- Set up an office for NCOC and analyzed the Policy in terms of Social Inclusion, Data analysis and collaborated with the government of Nepal’s Department of Census Bureau, Civil Society, Media and other stakeholders.
- Organized media campaigns and award marginalized communities for accurate census.
- Organized several meetings, conferences and trainings for enumerators.
- Mobilized over 100 youths across the nation from backgrounds, for marginalized groups.
- Conducted field study, collected data and recommended the amendments to Department of Census Bureau
- Initiated a media campaign against COVID-19 pandemic targeting to inform Dalit and marginalized people about the virus.
- Mobilized CSOs and journalists across the country to exchange information, helped to create awareness
- Collaborated with different people from Civil Society, NGOs and INGOs, Journalists, Parliamentarians and Government Officials aiming to inform and aware people about COVID.
- Connected with various international organizations virtually to exchange information and measures to flatten the curve.
- Wrote articles on different violence done to Dalit’s and marginalized people during the lockdown period.
- Collaborated with different organizations to give reliefs to displaced students and journalists.
- Helped in Policy, Budget, program by the Government of Nepal to effectively work during the time of crisis and impact of COVID-19.
- Shared ideas to the Government of Nepal’s COVID-19 Response Committee in order to control the COVID situation of the nation.
SOCIAL PROTECTION CIVIL SOCIETY NETWORK
- Social Protection Civil Society Network is a liberal forum comprising of non-government organizations and civil societies who are dedicated towards improving Social Protection Programs in Nepal. This network was first established on 16th February, 2012. Since its establishment 19 various civil society organizations have joined this network.
- I served as the President for two years.
- Coordinated and collaborated with Save the Children, UNICEF, ILO, World Bank and Government Officials for making a proper social protection system.
- Organized and coordinated many conferences and workshops in different districts and villages on Social Protection.
- Published book on the National Situation of Social Protection:Practice and Implication.
- Helped in Policy making process regarding Social protection.
- Analyzed and helped amend the Government of Nepal’s Policy for Social Protection and Inclusion.
TRAINING ON ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
May 18 Foundation
Human rights and Democracy
Project management and Role of Peace Worker
Peace for Conflict Transformation
Peace and conflict and role of international Peace worker
Asian Human Rights Commission
UN Mechanism and human rights
National Election Commission
Election observation and role of media
National Human rights Commission
Human rights and Rule of Law
Regional Training of Trainers Workshop for Capacity Building of Community Based Organizations in Advocacy Strategies in the Hindu Kush Himalayas
Dalit NGO Federation
Dalit and Human Rights
UM Mechanism and UPR system
Management and organizational development
Improving Research Infrastructures with Social media
Asia Pacific Journalism Center (APJC)
Strengthening Dalit Media in Nepal
National Voters Right Forum (NVRF)
TOT of voters Education
Nepal Press Institute
Basic Journalism Training
National Democracy Institute (NDI)
TOT on election Observation
National Election Observation Network
Democracy and Election Watch
Election observation and training
Global Media Forum
International Center For Ethno-religious Mediation (ICERM)
Ethnic and religious Conflict Resolution and Peacebuilding
Living Nonviolent Change
- Capacity Building Workshop on Resource Mobilization, 12-15 December 2011, UNFPA.
- Regional Training of Trainers (TOT): Workshop for Capacity building of Community based.
- Training Program on Financial Management, 2004, DEIP/DFID Nepal
- Baseline Survey Training, 1999, Dalit NGO Federation
- Organizations in Advocacy–Strategies in the Hindu Kush Himalaya, 2004, ICMOD Nepal
- 2nd South Asian regional consultation on caste based discrimination, December 2013, OHCHR in Nepal.
- First South Asian Parliamentarians Conference, December 2013, ADRF /Samata Foundation Nepal.
- Second South Asian Parliamentarians Conference, December 2014, Nagarik Udhyog, Bangladesh, Samata Foundation Nepal and NCDHR, India
- International Conference on Peace and Reconciliation, 2011, Korea, Funded by the York St University, UK.
- Durban Review Conference (WCAR) 2009 Geneva, invited by the United Nations.
- International Conference on Peace and Reconciliation 2009, invited by the University of California, Los Angeles, USA, funded by the York St University, UK.
- World Social Forum, Mumbai, India, 2005, organized by the World Social Forum.
- The South Asian Community Radio conference on ‘Enhancing the Role of Community Radio and Promoting Positive Social Change’13-14 July 2014, Hyderabad India
- World Reconstruction Conference 2 (WRC2) – Organized by World bank Group, Sept. 10-12, 2014, Washington DC
- 6th AsianMinisterial Conferenceon DRR, June 22-26, 2014, Bangkok
- Global parliamentary conference on gender and caste based discrimination, Organized by Asian Dalit Rights Forum, in Nepal, 22 to 28 march, 2017
- Annihilate Caste and Structural Inequalities, organized by the Asia Dalit Rights Forum, Regions Refocus 2015, and the Asian Parliamentarians’ Forum on Dalit Concerns, New York, 23 & 26 Sept, 2015
- Seminar on ‘Enhancing the Role of Community Radio and Promoting Positive Social Change’Organized by the SAARC Information Centre (SIC) and the World Association of Community Radio Broadcasters (AMARC Asia Pacific), 6-8 September 2013, Nepal.
- Paper on ‘Mainstreaming the Voiceless in Nepal: Dalit Movement and Community RadioSenter and AMARC Asia Pacific. 2014, Bangladesh
- THIRD AMARC ASIA-PACIFIC REGIONAL CONFERENCE: Radio, rights and recognition: Community radio for people’s empowerment WORKSHOP ON THE STRENGTHENING THE ROLE OF COMMUNITY RADIO FOR PROMOTING THE RIGHTS DALIT COMMUNITIES: Strategies for ensuring support for the Dalit movement in South Asia through community radio, 25 December 2013, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Paper on Social Exclusion, Economic Deprivation of Dalit & Socially Excluded Communities in Nepal. Organized by Nagarik Udhyog, Bangladesh, 1-2 December 2012,
- The South Asian Community Radio conference on ‘Enhancing the Role of Community Radio and Promoting Positive Social Change under the theme Role of Community media and Dalit issue in south Asia, Organize by UNESCO Chair, Hyderabad University 13-14 July, Hyderabad, India
- Social Justice in Asia, Organize by Sir Ganga Ram Heritage Foundation, Pakistan, 2008
- Social Justice in South Asia, New school, New York 2014
- Marginalized and Dalit issue in media, FONIJ, 2015
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
- Assistance and coordination: Dalits in the Constitution: Dialogues with Dalit CA Members (2009). Kathmandu: JMC/NCDS
- Editor and coordinator, Dalit Human Rights Situation 2008 in Nepal.
- Assistance and Coordination: The Politics of Affirmative Action and Special Rights in Nepal (2006). Kathmandu: Jagaran Media Center
- Assistance and coordination: The Local Discourse of Reservation in Nepal (2005). Kathmandu: Jagaran Media Center
- Editor and Publisher: Teej Geet Sangalo (1999) (Collection of songs of the Teej Festival)
- Nepalese Delegation’s India visit on Dalit main streaming in India 2008, funded by the Open Society Institute (OSI), and coordinated by the Panos South Asia.
- Research Team Leader (2001), Dalits in the Media, Kathmandu: ACTION AID, Nepal.
- Co-Coordinator (2002), Ethnographic Study of the Indigenous Technology of Dalits.
- Manual Development on Gender, media, human rights, peace and Disaster Etc.
- Editor and coordination book on meaningful representation in local government and Dalit women.
- Editor of magazine on dialogue between social movements.
- Editor and coordination book on access of Dalit in journalism education and participation.
- Editor and coordination on Dalit in federal structure and rights of marginalize community.
ARTICLE WRITING, INTERVIEWES & SHOWS IN MASS MEDIA
- I have continuously been writing several articles on Dalit Rights, Democracy, Inclusion, Human Rights, Media, Disaster and Management, Election, Peace, Good Governance, Constitution, Policy and Law making process in different newspapers like The Republica Daily, The Mirror News Magazine, The Annapurna Post, The Kantipur Daily, The Kathmandu Post, Rajdhani Daily, Nagarik Daily, Nepal Samachar Patra, Naya Patrika, Nepali Munch Magazine, Pratibodh Magazine, Gorkha Patra.
- I have also given interviews and opinion on national and international televisions, Radio Nepal & dozens of M. Radios, National and international newspapers, online and social media.
CONFERENCE, TRAINING & WORKSHOP FACILATOR
- I have facilitated, anchored and lead more than two hundred movements and programs relating to Dalit Rights, Democracy, Inclusion, Human Rights, Media, Disaster and Management, Election, Peace, Good Governance, Constitution, Policy and Law making process over the past two decades.
TALK SHOW HOST
- Jagaran discourse: A talk show debate that brings people from different backgrounds and experts to discuss about Dalit movements, liberation and rights. The show is premired weekly by the Jagaran Media Center via different online platform (Facebook and YouTube).
- Media Orientation for CARE Nepal Staffs, Nepal.
- Capacity building training to different Dalit NGOs (across Nepal).
- Human Rights and journalism trainings for Dalit Journalists (more than 500 Journalists).
- Facilitation in different capacity building trainings of mainstream media organizations of Nepal.
- Interaction, facilitation and coordination of Media and Dalit Women’s Issues, Feminist Dalit Organization (FEDO) Nepal.
- Proposal writing of National Dalit Commission Nepal.
- Consultation to Equal Access Nepal.
- Helvetas, Nepal
- Training to Journalist on election reporting, code of conduct and role journalist, Organized by National election commission
- I have given dozen training on human rights defenders and peace work on human rights and peace and conflict organized by COCAP
- I have given training to more than 100 people on election observation, Organized by Democracy Election Watch
- I have given dozen training on human rights, media and GESI organized by JMC
- I gave 12 trainings on voter education and election observation, Organized by national voter rights forum.
- I have given five Training to the local representative on local policy law, federalism and role of local representative organized by from WHR
- I have given Training to journalist on Human rights and role of media organized by UNDP Nepal
- I have given training to journalist on the role of community Radio for social change organized by AMARC
- Sub-editor, Nepali Manch, monthly magazine, 2003-2011
- Assistant Editor, Pratibodh Magazine, 1997
- Sub-editor, Naya Chunauti Weekly, 1993
- Editor, TeejGeet Sangalo, 1996/97
- Nepal National Dalit Journalist association
- National Dalit Commission of Nepal
- National Dalit Development Committee
- FHI- CMM civil society and media project
- Dalit NGO Federation
LEAD MONVEMENT & CAMPAIGNs
- Dalit Civil Society conference in Kathmandu where more than 2000 Dalits participated.
- Lead 47 days Badi women’s movement, and mobilized media.
- Lead Haliya Movement Campaign in Nepal.
- Lead movement against Kalli Kumari BK incident where she was blamed a witch, and mobilized media for justice.
- Successfully coordinated and organized the International Dalit Conference in Kathmandu.
- Facilitated and rehabilitated 58 Dalits families in Baglung district during the Maoist insurgency in Nepal.
- Successfully raised movement against many Dalit Human rights violation incidents.
- Successfully led Dalit civil society movements in Nepal and abroad.
- Rukum Incident.
- National Campaign for Peace and Prosperity.- In collaboration of JCI and COCAP, I designed and lead this campaign for one month across the country.
- National Campaign on Federalism Debate- I lead a 15 days national campaign in collaboration with COCAP on Federalism Debate.
- National Campaign for Social Justice for Peace-During the Maoist People’s War, Jagaran Media Center initiated this campaign and I reached 15 districts to run this campaign.
AWARD NOMINATIONS COMMITTEE MEMBERS
AWARD & RECOGNITIONS
- Ambedkar Kalashree National Award, 2013, India.
- Media International Social Awareness Award, 2013, Nepal.
- Australian Leadership Award, 2010, Australia.
- National Social Service Award, 2016, Government of Nepal
- Grassroots fellowship, May 18 foundation, S. Korea 2018 and many more from different national and international organizations.
USA, Australia, Switzerland, Germany, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Tunisia, China, South Korea, India, Sri-Lanka, Africa, Singapore, Thailand, France, Italy, Belgium, Malaysia, Indonesia.
Vice Chair, Social Welfare Council
Phone: +977 9851009532
- Honerable, Min Bahadur Shahi
Member, National Planning Commission, Nepal
Phone: +977 9851077623
Executive Director, Internationa Dalit Solidatitiy Network (IDSN), Denmark
Phone: Tel: +44 7966 081558 (UK) +45 60 43 34 32 (DK)
Executive Director, The Inclusivity Project